The Job Search…Flourishes!

Yesterday, while I was hanging out with Sam, he was describing the pain of breaking his arm to me, because I told him that I’d never broken a bone.

“Well, Daddy said he heard a pop and it hurt really, really, really bad.”  Sam says.

“Did you cry?”  I ask him.

“No, not until later.  But it really, really hurt.  It hurt more than having a baby!”

So, now you know.  Breaking both bones in your forearm hurts worse than having a baby.  You heard it here first.

While I was driving home from the ranch, (I also got another job offer from a guy that works up there…for a whole week!) it started pouring.  I’m not kidding.  It was like buckets upon buckets were being thrown down, and it was really hard to see because of the trees on either side of the road.  All the way home (15 minutes worth) I was thinking about how I had tied Salem outside before I left for the ranch at 2.  I really hoped someone was home and took pity on him and put him in his cage.

No luck.

He was sitting outside, with his shoulders up, completely, soaking wet.  When I pulled into the driveway, he got so excited, and I could see the water dripping from his sodden tail while he was wagging it.  I ran over under the tree (which offered no protection from the rain whatsoever) and untied him and he ran to his cage and jumped into his bed.  I ran as fast as possible inside, because I was wearing shorts and a tank top, because when I left for work, it was 75 degrees.  When I finally burst through the door, I saw Pat and Sean (cousin) watching T.V.  I was not happy.


I changed, dried my hair, and combed it, then went to check the messages.  Turns out I had gotten a call from my babysitting ad, and Kayla wanted me to babysit today.  I couldn’t because I had already committed to cleaning.  I felt terrible for not being able to help her out.

At 8, I talked to Kyle and then went to bed.

I couldn’t sleep.  I kept rolling around, and jumping every time the thunder cracked.  Finally, I decided to lay a different way.  I tossed my pillow down to the foot of my bed, stripped the top blanket off the bed, and put my head where my feet were supposed to go.  I fall asleep.

At 1, I woke up and switched back to a normal sleeping position.

At 2, I was awake and I heard the door creaking, then it flew open.  My back was to it, and I kept saying in my head, “I don’t wanna see. I don’t wanna see.  I don’t wanna see.”  A few minutes later, it’s pulled shut.  I fall back asleep, my stomach quivering a tiny bit.

I wake up at 7.16, and get ready to go to work.  I also find the note that Pat left in my room last night (no ghosts ).  I make myself a bagel with lots of cream cheese, then leave.  I get to the chapel (that’s what I’m cleaning) early.

I spend a few hours cleaning (4) and Jackie tells me that since everything looks so good, she’s paying me for 7 hours.  There were so many flies in that place.  I’ll be dreaming about them for months.

But at least my college fund is growing. :)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s