So I stayed up until about 2 a.m. reading. I was reading “Heartless” by Anne Elisabeth Stengl, and I seriously could not make myself put the book down. I kept telling myself, “One more chapter and then you’ll go to bed.” But before long, I was more than 200 pages through, and I was exhausted from my day. I stopped reading in the middle of a chapter and fell asleep. It feels so good to have a book that holds me, and that I’ll actually finish. The other one I was reading wasn’t holding me. I looked ahead, and at about page 300 it looked really good, but I wasn’t even halfway there and I wasn’t going to make myself read. I usually do, no matter how much I dislike the book, I will see it through, but not this one. I should make a list dedicated to all the poor, good books that I never finished. It would probably be longer than my list of read books since I’ve been in college.
This book is a faerie tale, with dragons, kings, castles, and a princess in trouble, and I love it. It makes me feel so young again to read it. I’m not the best at doing reviews, so you probably won’t see one from me (I always give away too much information), but you can find a ton on Google.
On to my questions:
- Mood: I’m completely drained. Staying up late when I got up so early yesterday was not a good idea. There was too much going on yesterday, with my final and switching rooms, and let’s just say I’m glad to be almost done with school at this point.
- Current nail polish: I actually put nail polish on last night. I was tired of the look of my bare nails (which had just a clear coat on), so I coated them with “Midnight in Moscow“. It’s a gorgeous plum brown with a pretty gold shimmer to it.
- Any big plans today/this week? Today I have my anthropology final at 3:30, and then after that, I’m going to start working on my Latin project that’s due tomorrow morning. I seriously haven’t even looked at this stuff yet. Anthropology is an open book test, so that’ll be fine, and Latin should be easy enough. This week is a pretty big week. On Wednesday, after finals are done, I’m getting all packed up to go to Kyle’s grandparent’s house for Thanksgiving. We’re spending a few days there and then I have work all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- If you celebrate Thanksgiving this week, what is your favorite dish at dinner? If you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your favorite holiday dish in general? I love mixing bits of turkey, corn, and mashed potatoes together, with gravy on top. In my opinion, it’s the best thing about Thanksgiving!
- Current outfit: White tank top and red NCC pants.
- What is your favorite holiday movie? I love the Santa Claus movies. Thanksgiving is that weird time where Christmas is so close, yet so far away, and the perfect time to cuddle with your love and watch Christmas movies. My love just ordered me “Beauty and the Beast” Diamond Edition, and I plan on some serious cuddle time while watching that since I’ve been on such a Disney kick lately.
- Ugg boots: yay or nay? I have never own a pair, nor worn a pair, so I’m going to stay neutral. I am going to say NAY to to girls who wear them with tights and skirts though. The point is to stay warm, right?
- Have you/do you plan on seeing the new Harry Potter movie? I saw it on Friday, and I liked it a lot. I really wish it would have been just one whole long movie, cause I would have gone (and I think everyone else would have too). I can’t wait for the next part to come out.
- If you could switch bodies with one person for a day, who would it be? This is a tough one, but I’m going to say someone who’s working with children somewhere else in the world. I think it would be really cool to be a doctor and head out all over the world to help women give birth, help malnourished babies, and save lives.
- Weekly goals: Get through the rest of my finals, don’t forget to pack anything (since the dorms will be locked to us), have a wonderful Thanksgiving with Kyle’s family, add some more to the ten pounds I’ve gained already since moving here, and get through work without making mistakes.