It’s been weeks and weeks since I last posted, and every time I think of my lonely blog, sitting with no posts, I feel bad. It’s not that I have nothing to post about, its just that I have no desire to sit and write anything.
I’m in Wyoming now; I’ll be here another week. It’s snowing outside, and it makes me feel all sorts of cozy feelings. The house is quiet, and I just want to sit by the window, read, drink some hot tea, and watch the snow fall.
Let me outline a few things that have happened since I last made an effort to keep up a blog.
1. I cut my hair. It’s hideous. I meant to cut an inch or so off, and then I went and messed it up so badly that 6 inches or so came off. It’s just up to my shoulders, but I hate it. The only time I wear it down is when I’m about to get in the shower, and directly after, when I haven’t put it back up. I’m just waiting for it to get long again.
2. I traveled home. Obviously, since I’m in Wyoming now. It’s beautiful here; it’s taken me years away to realize just how pretty it actually is. I’ve had a good trip so far; I’ve seen almost everyone I wanted to see, and I haven’t run into anyone I didn’t want to see. My one regret was not stopping by the school before they went on break to visit with my old teachers. But I got to spend a good chunk of time with Shelby and Brayden, and with my nephews (time that I hope to expand on).
3. I went to my very first wedding, and I didn’t even know the couple. I went with Ryan and April (a couple I babysat for when I lived at home) to help with the kids, and ended up enjoying myself. The 8 hour trip both ways with screaming/fighting/crying children? Not so much.
The best part of the wedding? The adorable hot chocolate ornaments!
4. I got three new tattoos. I won’t show them in this post (if you’re friends with me on Facebook, you saw them the day I had them done), because I want to write a separate post about all of my tattoos; where I went, how long they took, the prices, how I took care of them, the pain factor, etc, because I’ve been getting a lot of questions about my experience with tattooing. Because it is such an important thing to me (I do have 7 tattoos now; I fancy myself sort of a tattoo guru), I want to devote some time to it to make it a good post.
5. I’ve fallen in love with the peace of Wyoming. It makes me not want to go back to the classes and work and stresses of Naperville. Surprise, surprise; I don’t want to go back to school still. I won’t run this into the ground, because if you’ve read my blog before, you know how I feel about school; if not, then I’ll leave it at: I hate school. I hate everything about it; staying in one place for 4 years, going to classes (some that I hate), worrying about money, needing to have a full-time job even with being a full-time student, and most of all, not having the freedom to do what I want when I want to do it.
So that’s pretty much all that’s been happening with me (along with other little tiny things that would take weeks to fill you in on), and I’m off to write a few posts so I actually have them done, just in case I’m not able to post the rest of my trip. I hope everyone is doing okay and enjoying the week leading up to Christmas.
I’ll leave you with this gratuitous picture of the winter landscape of Wyoming that I’m finding so beautiful right now.